GREG PLITT’S WORKOUT ROUTINE – KNOW THE SECRET BEHIND HIS FIT AND TONED BODY
He is not just a fitness model but also a famous 2012 MET-Rx athlete of the year. He has been featured in several TV commercials, TV series and also in movies. We are talking about none other than Greg Plitt, who has thousands of fans all over the world for his completely toned body. Born in the USA, Greg started his career as a model, and he is successful enough in featuring editorials and/or covers for AXL, Maxim, American Health and Fitness, and more.
Greg’s Fitness Plan
Greg is 6 feet and 1 inch tall. That’s exactly 1.85 meters. He weighs around a healthy 88 kg. The secret behind Greg’s well-toned body is that he follows only one set of exercise focusing at just one body part at a time.
Apart from severe workout to tone muscles, he also focuses on cardio exercises. Swimming is his favorite cardio exercise which he regularly does every week. He also does around three cardio sessions in a week which he may extend up to five sessions in some weeks. Another key to a strict workout is that he takes one-minute rest between the sets and the reps.
Let us know in detail about the fitness workout regimen of Greg.
Day 1: Chest
|Incline Dumbbell Fly||4||8-10|
|Flat Dumbbell Fly||4||8-10|
|Incline Dumbbell Press||4||8-10|
|Flat Dumbbell Press||4||8-10|
Day 2: Back
|Rowing with Cable||4||6-8|
|Close-Grip Pull Down||4||6-8|
|Wide grip pull ups||4||6-8|
Day 3: Shoulders
|Back to Mancuera||4||6-8|
Day 4: Biceps and Triceps
|Cable Triceps Pull-down||3||8-10|
|Lying Triceps Extensions||3||8-10|
|Dumbbell Biceps on incline bench||4||6-8|
Day 5: Legs
|Hamstring in Machine||3||6-8|
|Dead lift with firm legs||4||6-8|
Just like any other fitness freak, Greg also focuses on doing workout for only one particular body part in a day and covers almost all key areas in a week’s 5 workout sessions.
Greg Pitt’s Diet Plan
Greg, as a celebrity, follows a healthy and a recommended diet plan that works the best for his body type. His diet constitutes of meals that are rich in protein, low in carbs and also very low in fat. He consumes 1.5 grams of protein for every pound he weighs. Greg feeds on one big meal and two smaller meals in a day – before and after workout. His diet comprises of veggies like asparagus, peas, cucumbers, salads, spinach and broccoli. He shuns processed foods, but loves to eat a bulk of seafood, tuna, chicken, and meat, which are the great sources of protein. In order to digest the food before hitting the hay, he takes one large meal in the mid-day.
Here is the detailed meal chart followed by Greg:
- The Main Meal of the Day: He consumes it between 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. It comprises of fish, meat, veggies and poultry, and this meal contains approximately 3,500 calories.
- Pre-Workout Meal: Shake consisting of 1 tsp raw honey, Met-Rx Amped ECN NOS powder, creatine, L-glutamine, HMB, whey protein, omega 3, and multivitamin.
- Post-Workout Meal: L-glutamine, shake consisting of whey protein, HMB, dextrose, and creatine.
Tips from Greg
For all fitness fanatics, Greg gives some excellent tips that will not only help them in having a well-toned body, but also a healthy one.
- Try not to alter your diet plan often, and this rule is applicable to your fitness regimen too.
- While preferring cardio exercise routine, always try to include swimming. It energizes you and, at the same time, relaxes your body and mind. Swimming also helps stretch muscles which other cardio exercises like running biking, jogging, stair master, etc., cannot do.
- Include enough multivitamin tablets or protein powders in your everyday meal, as it gives you all the essential nutrients that you are missing out in your everyday diet meal.
- While planning for fitness routine for your body, try to understand its nature entirely and then draft a fitness plan. Pushing your body to the extreme which it cannot tolerate and over stretching may harm your overall health, in the long run.
- To maintain balance during heavy workouts, always split your weight training workout for different body parts, on different days of the week to get better results.