Keto diet menu
Keto or ketogenic diet is popular today. This is a low-carb diet, which can be called a serious tool or even “fat burning machine.” It has a number of advantages in weight regulating and improving health. However, the technique is not devoid of shortcomings and can have negative consequences for your body. In addition to reducing weight by burning fat deposits, the keto diet contributes to improving brain function, bringing blood pressure, cholesterol levels and other positive changes in human health back to normal.
The effectiveness of the keto diet is to achieve a process such as ketosis. Ketosis occurs due to the development of the body of ketone bodies, which are molecules that carry energy to work the body. They are produced with a lack of sugar in the blood. During nutrition, according to the rules of the keto diet, your body switches, starting to produce energy almost exclusively from its own fats. At the same time, the level of insulin decreases, and the loss of excess weight is sharply accelerated. Thanks to this, the body becomes easier to extract fuel for its work from fat deposits.
There are three main types of keto diet:
- standard: the classical version, most people use it;
- target: allows the use of fast carbohydrates before training;
- cyclic: one day a week is reserved for the replenishment of glycogen stores.
The most important thing is to make a diet, in which there will be not more than 50 grams of pure carbohydrates per day. Their amount is determined by the formula: total carbohydrates minus dietary fiber. Of the beverages, drinking water, tea and coffee are the best way. In this case, sweeteners must be avoided in any form. A small amount of milk or cream is allowed but be careful with a drink such delicious thing as Latte. Sometimes you can afford to drink a glass of red wine. It is forbidden to eat foods with sugar or starch, including bread, pasta, rice, potatoes. The amount of carbohydrates in such food is much larger, which jeopardizes ketosis. As for other drinks, it is forbidden to drink soda, cola, sweet water, beer and other alcoholic drinks that contain a lot of carbohydrates.
The keto diet menu completely depends on your imagination and allowed products.
For example, you can take the following variant:
- Breakfast: omelette with herbs and cheese, tea, keto bread (recipe below in the article);
- Lunch: turkey with sauce, mushrooms and herbs;
- Dinner: chicken casserole in pesto sauce (recipe below in the article), salad from boiled eggs, olives, olive oil.
Another one-day diet keto diet:
- Breakfast: can consist of three boiled eggs or buckwheat, a piece of boiled chicken breast, vegetable salad and a cup of tea.
- Lunch: boiled fish of low-fat varieties (230 g) or a piece of boiled turkey, three tablespoons of brown rice and 30 g of low-fat cottage cheese.
- Snack: a glass of yogurt or kefir, 30 g of nuts (almonds).
- Dinner: a piece of fish (150 g) with rice garnish (3 tablespoons) and a leaf salad.
Another menu option:
- Breakfast – 3 boiled eggs or a serving of buckwheat porridge, boiled beef tongue, beet salad with any vegetable oil, tea;
- Second breakfast – a glass of kefir or milk;
- Lunch – borscht or soup, a slice of whole grain bread, a portion of Greek salad with boiled chicken fillet, compote (preferably from dried fruits);
- Mid-morning snack – unsweetened yogurt with wheat sprouts or low-fat cottage cheese;
- Dinner – boiled, stewed or baked, allowed fish or beef.
All types of diets are the correct mode of eating, where it is important to take into account not only food, but also time. Choose a convenient mode, supplement your diet with sports, outdoor walks and massage and you will see the results.